Salt & Honey Teriyaki WingsCourse: lunch, snack, dinner
Recipe from Olivia Colt, Salt & Honey Catering + Events
5-pound bag of House of Raeford party wings (or your favorite brand)
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Teriyaki Sauce (Yield: Approx 1 Cup)
1/4 cup soy sauce
¾ cup water
3/4 teaspoon ginger zest
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
5 tablespoons brown sugar
Pinch of chili flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- Place wings in a large bowl and cover with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to a day, so the marinade sticks to the wings. This will make your wings very flavorful.
- Teriyaki Sauce
- In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, ¾ cup water, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, chili flakes and honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Add this mixture to the pot and bring to a boil, then cool in the refrigerator. The sauce will thicken as it cools down.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roast the wings for 45 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Place the wings in a mixing bowl and pour the sauce over the roasted wings. Toss a couple of times to allow the sauce to coat the wings.