Orange Quinoa MuffinsCourse: In Our Kitchen, Recipes, Breakfast, BrunchDifficulty: Easy
Perfect for a quick and easy weekday bake. Or meal prep so you have them all weeklong, these protein packed flavorful muffins are delicious, full of pantry staples and quick to make!
- Wet Ingredients
½ cup cooked quinoa
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ TSP Kosher salt
½ cup milk or oat milk
½ cup orange juice, divided
2 tablespoons orange zest
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dry Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1-1.5 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together quinoa, sugar, eggs, milk, ¼ cup orange juice, orange zest and cardamom.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pour wet ingredients mixture into dry ingredients mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Divide batter evenly between 18 muffin cups. Bake for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool.
- To prepare the glaze begin by whisking 1 cup powdered sugar into remaining ¼ cup orange juice. Continue to add more powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency. Thicker mixture will result in a thicker glaze. Dip each muffin top into the glaze and allow excess to drip off.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.