Cheesy Sausage Breakfast CasseroleCourse: In Our Kitchen, Recipes, Breakfast, BrunchDifficulty: Easy
Perfect for a quick and easy weekday bake. Or meal prep so you have them all weeklong, these protein packed flavorful muffins are delicious, full of pantry staples and quick to make!
1lb pork breakfast sausage
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup bell pepper, diced
½ cup onion, diced
1 cup broccoli, chopped
2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
½ cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8X8 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- If necessary, remove sausage from casings. Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat until fully browned. Add garlic, bell pepper, onion, and broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes, until veggie begin to soften. Add spinach and cook one minute more, until spinach wilts. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oat milk, salt and pepper. Pour eggs over vegetable mixture, making sure the veggies and sausage are fully covered.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.