Baked Eggs with Bacon and Chard
2 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups Swiss chard, roughly chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 TBSP butter
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 TSP chives
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cook bacon in a large, ovenproof skillet until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel. Add onions, garlic and Swiss chard to the pan with bacon grease. Cook until onions are soft and chard is wilted.
- Remove pan from heat. Create small wells in chard mixture for the eggs. Crack an egg into each well. Pour heavy cream evenly over entire pan.
- Place skillet into the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until egg whites are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring constantly until golden brown.
- Remove eggs and chard from the oven. Top with crispy bacon, breadcrumbs, crumbled feta and chives.