Spooky Halloween Sprinkle Popcorn
16 oz. white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable, canola or corn oil
½ cup popcorn kernels or 8 cups popped popcorn
Sea Salt to taste
½ cup assorted Halloween sprinkles
- Melt the White Chocolate Chips
- Add water to the large saucepan and heat the water to a simmer. Put a heatproof glass bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure that the bowl fits snuggly over the mouth of the saucepan ensuring that the water does not touch the bottom of the glass bowl.
- Add white chocolate chips to the glass bowl and melt until smooth. Stir the melted white chocolate with a rubber spatula to make sure there are no chunks.
- Turn off the heat and set aside in a warm place.
- Prepare the Popcorn
- Put 1 tablespoon of vegetable or canola oil and popcorn kernels in the large heavy bottomed pot over a medium-to-high heat.
- Cover the pot with the lid and cook the popcorn. Once you hear popping, begin shaking the pot occasionally moving it on and off the heat until the popping slows down.
- Turn off the heat once the popping has slowed or stopped.
- Take the lid off of the pot and allow the steam out this will help keep the popcorn from becoming soggy.
- Combine it all together
- Spread popcorn out on a parchment lined cookie sheet with a rim, then gently pour the melted white chocolate onto the popcorn. Sprinkle the sea salt over popcorn and mix gently with the spatula.
- Top popcorn with assorted Halloween sprinkles.
- Allow to chocolate to cool and harden at room temperature for 1 hour in a cool place or 15-30 minutes in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.