Garlicky Chickpea Toast with Lemon YogurtCourse: In Our Kitchen, RecipesDifficulty: Easy
A great alternative to avocado toast. Our chickpea toast is seasonal, full of flavor, affordable, protein packed and takes a few minutes to pull together. This makes for a great weekday breakfast for a busy person on the go or jazzed up on the weekend for brunch with bacon, poached eggs and fruit!
1 7oz container plain Greek yogurt
Zest from two lemons, divided
1/3 cup lemon juice, divided
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ cup dried chickpeas, rehydrated
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1/2 -inch pieces
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ cup finely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, basil, mint, etc.)
Sliced crusty bread, toasted
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, zest from one lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add garlic and cook for one minute until fragrant. Add chickpeas and asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is just cooked through. Stir in remaining lemon juice, zest, red pepper flakes and fresh herbs.
- Spread a dollop of yogurt onto a piece of toasted bread. Top with a heaping spoonful of chickpea mixture. Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Chickpea mixture is great served hot or cold.
- u003cliu003eAt this stage you can scoop to freeze your cookie dough by scooping dough with a cookie scoop onto a lined rimmed baking sheet, then placing the sheet into your freezer for 30 minutes. Once the dough is frozen, remove the baking sheet from the freezer and separate the individual cookie balls and place into a freezer safe storage bag. Label with the date and baking instructions. Seal the bag and place it in the freezer to enjoy at a later date.u003c/liu003eu003cliu003eDo not freeze the dough with flaky salt. Instead only add prior to baking.u003c/liu003e