Fluffy AF Vegan PancakesCourse: In Our Kitchen, Recipes, Breakfast, BrunchDifficulty: Easy
Rise and shine! Our Sunday morning is our time to get our weekend brunch game on! Today we are sharing our recipe for seriously delicious fluffy AF vegan pancakes. Light, airy and absolutely decadent, these tasty morsels are sure to please even the toughest critics.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ TBSP baking powder
½ TSP Kosher salt
2 TBSP ground flax meal
2 TSP apple cider vinegar
2 TBSP granulated sugar
¼ cup melted vegan butter
- Blueberry Maple Syrup
1 cup maple syrup
2 cups frozen blueberries, defrosted
Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder and whisk until well combined. Set aside. Next, in a separate mixing bowl combine flax meal, apple cider vinegar, sugar, vanilla bean paste and melted vegan butter and whisk together until well combined. Then, slowly stream in oat milk, whisking constantly. Then, slowly whisk in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, the batter does not need to be perfectly smooth. Do not over mix. Let stand for 15 minutes before cooking.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine maple syrup, salt and half of the blueberries. Using a fork mash the blueberries slightly into syrup, transfer to the stovetop and bring to a boil.
- Next, add remaining blueberries and reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Heat a medium sized nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush pan with vegan butter or nonstick cooking spray. Dollop ⅓ cup of batter to the pan evenly spaced apart. Cook first side 3-4 minutes or until bubbles form around the edges of each pancake and they have puffed up slightly. Flip cakes over and cook on the second side until golden brown.
- Wipe the pan clean and repeat with more melted butter and batter until the batter is used up. Top with fresh berries and drizzle over with blueberry maple syrup.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.