Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy BitesCourse: In Our Kitchen, Recipes, Snacks, BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
1 cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup agave syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup ground flaxseed
1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup puffed rice cereal
Pinch of salt
- Add peanut butter, agave syrup, vanilla, salt in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the flaxseed and chocolate chips and mix in.
- Once combined, add all the rice cereal and slowly add oats a ¼ cup at a time until a stiff dough forms.
- Using a small scoop or tablespoon, scoop dough into little mounds onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Take each mound and roll between palms until a smooth ball forms. Arrange on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least one hour to set bites.
- After they are set store in airtight container in either refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
- If you prefer to enjoy your oatmeal hot, microwave for 1 minute before topping with diced apples.