Matcha White Chocolate Cookies
If you aren’t a big fan of matcha, these cookies will make you a convert, earthy, tangy and delectably sweet. Our white chocolate matcha cookies will quickly be added to your cookie arsenal!
2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
1 TBSP matcha powder
½ TSP baking soda
½ TSP salt
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 TBSP molasses
¾ cup melted butter
1 TBSP vanilla bean paste
2 TSP lemon zest
1 TSP lemon juice
1 egg yolk
1 ½ cups white chocolate baking wafers or chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- Next, sift together matcha, baking soda, salt and lemon zest into a bowl. Set aside
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar, molasses and vanilla bean paste until light and fluffy about 4 minutes in a large mixing bowl. Next beat in egg yolk and whole egg into butter sugar mixture until light and creamy. Add lemon juice and beat until combined.
- Then, mix in flour mixture into the wet ingredients with the electric mixer until just combined. Turn off mixer and fold in with a rubber spatula white chocolate pieces.
- Using a 1 ounce cookie scoop, scoop out cookies onto baking sheets about 2-3 inches apart. Using the heel of your hand slightly flatten the cookies so they form disks.
- Repeat with remaining cookies as needed.
- While the cookie dough rests, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cookies for 10-13 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Remove cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack and allow cookies to cool completely.
- cookies can be scooped to freeze, by scooping all cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper spaced far enough apart that cookies aren’t touching each other. Then freeze for 30 minutes. Once frozen remove from the freezer and transfer to a freezer bag and label with date and cooking instructions.